FFH Studio Environmental Policy
FFH Studio, a eco- friendly luxury design business, was established in 2016. FFH Studio is based in Stamford, Connecticut and works with a wide network of independent subcontractors. FFH Studio provides quality interior design and decoration for the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
Our environmental mission statement:
We will aim to minimize the effects our activities have on the environment by giving thought to the selection, procurement, and disposal of the products we use and the way in which we run our business. We will do this by developing a culture of environmental awareness, investigating all new government initiatives, training, and using the hierarchy of reduce, reuse, and recycle. We employ a cradle to the grave policy. We commit to the guidelines established in ISO 14000.
FFHSTUDIO GREEN PRINT:
Is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, and minimizes our potential impact on the environment.
Recognizes that we have social responsibilities that go beyond the provisions of the relevant Acts and Regulations; and that we should support and contribute to protecting the environment through all aspects of our work and practices. In so doing we will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
Will promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner as well as train, educate and inform them about environmental issues that may affect their work,
Will review and monitor our environmental progress on a yearly basis to ensure that we continue to make a positive impact on the environment.
Will consider the environment with regard to:
- Recycling of packaging materials and minimizing waste
- Efficient use of water and energy
- Use of biodegradable chemicals
- Minimizing use of solvents and lead-based paints
- Use of timber from sustainable (managed) forests
- Minimizing noise disturbance to neighbors
- Phasing out of CFCs and ozone-depleting substances.
- Where possible we will reduce, reuse and recycle. E.g. recycling leftover paint into community repaint programs, upcycling existing furniture by reupholstering rather than always buying new
- We will install the most environmentally friendly lighting where possible.
- We will endeavor to reduce water consumption and waste in our kitchen and bathroom designs
- All waste shall be separated where possible and disposed of in a timely fashion
- Any building waste will be removed by skip companies who will provide waste transfer notices
- Skips are to be packaged as fully and carefully as possible to maximize space
- Where possible we will source our products locally
- We will try to use materials from the local area or region
- We will choose paint with the lowest VOC content possible
- We will choose water based paints where possible
- We will endeavor to make sensible product purchases e.g. larger containers, bulk buys etc.